Saturday, April 2, 2011

Password of Your Life

In this high tech world, I guess we are all tied down by PINs and passwords to access our banking or online accounts. When I was still a student in NUS, a friend and I had to do a joint project and we had to share his on-line computer account.

"What's the password ?", I asked. He scribbled something on a piece of paper and passed it to me.


"Hey brother, what is 'beamannow' ?" I asked him.

"It is 'Be a Man Now'. ", he replied, "I wanted to spur myself to be a better person. Put it as a computer password so that I can be reminded of this life goal. Do it everyday and it becomes a part of you. Subconscious thing lah..."

At that moment, I was impressed by his reply. I picked up this habit since then and changed my passwords to things related to my goals and targets. From Run10K1998 to GetMyPhd. If you use your passwords frequently, they act as constant reminders for you. Use them as a guiding post so that you don't loose sight of your destination.

You can try.....Loose5Kg or Earn1Million or HugMyWife......or you can use passwords that reflect your moral values ..... like HardworkNow.

Try it and change the Password of Your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment